Thank you for your interest in the Coastside Volunteer Firefighters.
All applications on file are notified of an upcoming testing process and the timelines for hiring.
The minimum requirements to apply are:
- Completion of the Application Form
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma graduate or have a G.E.D equivalent
- Be a good moral character and maintain good physical condition
- Have a legal right to live and work in the United States
- Pass an initial Physical Ability Test and pass recurring “Fitness for Duty” medical examinations
- Free from felony criminal record.
- Possess a valid CA class C driver license
- Live within the service boundaries of Coastside Fire Protection District
- Have uniterrupted access to reliable transportation for responding to general alarms.
- Valid vehicle registration and atleast minimum personal vehicle insurance coverage necessary to operate said vehicle on public roads.
- Agree to abide by all policies, rules, regulations set forth by Policies and Procedures of the CFPD.
Few things in life can be more true than the saying “You get out of it, what you put into it” when applied to the Volunteer Program.
Thank you again for your interest.