Thank you for your interest in the Coastside Volunteer Firefighters.
All applications on file are notified of an upcoming testing process and the timelines for hiring.
The following are qualifications for prospective and active duty members of the Coastside Fire Protection Volunteers:
- Completion of the Application Form
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D equivalency
- Be of good moral character and maintain good physical condition
- Have a legal right to live and work in the United States
- Pass an initial Physical Ability Test, and pass recurring “Fitness for Duty” medical examinations
- Must not have a felony criminal record and could be rejected because of a misdemeanor record
- Must reside within the Coastside Fire Protection District
- Must possess a valid Class C California Driver License
- Must have his/her own reliable transportation
- All volunteers should be able to respond to one of the three stations within 10 minutes travel time
Few things in life can be more true than the saying “You get out of it, what you put into it” when applied to the Volunteer Program.
Thank you again for your interest.